Monday, September 28, 2009

"Jab We Met"

Finally…yes, this post has been long overdue. We are closing in on our D-day and are more excited than ever about our lives together. Since Gayathri already told our tale about how we met and how our relationship progressed I will try not to plagiarize from her blog J.

When I first found out about her existence in Austin, I checked her profile on FB (the equivalent of shaadi.com in our case) and felt an instant attraction towards her (her gorgeous smile played a big role in that). When I finally contacted her and got to know her, I fell in love with her adorable personality and caring nature towards all. I don’t know what I was thinking when I asked her to meet for a run for our ‘first date’. Then again I wasn't really thinking or analyzing it in my head. But looking back at it, I am glad we met that way. There were no layers of unnecessary makeup or dressing up that normally goes with dates, so we could see the real us. We clicked right away and only in a few days felt like we had known each other forever.

A few days after our initial meet, I went for a Euro-trip and I missed her even though I hadn’t known her for that long. This is when I knew that there is something special between us. Our relationship has been on a fast track since then as we got engaged in a few months and our wedding is right around the corner. Almost every day I feel why I didn’t meet Gayathri earlier in my life given the common places we lived at and the common friends we had, but am so happy to have her in my life now J.

We are really looking forward to meeting everybody at our wedding and have a great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment